- More than 90% of all systemic diseases produce oral signs and symptoms.
- Over 22% of adults have untreated tooth decay.
- Almost all oral diseases can be prevented.
- Expansion of community based disease prevention and lowering of barriers to personal oral health care are needed to meet the needs of the population.
- 25% of adults over 60 have lost all their teeth.
- 11.2% of the population is in some stage of oral or pharyngeal cancer.
- Dental Public Health is that form of dental practice that serves the community as a patient rather than the individual.
- 22.24% of 6-11 year olds have untreated primary tooth decay.
- A diet high in fat, sugar and salt also low in fiber is a risk factor for dental cavities, heart disease and obesity.
- Oral disease and oral injuries are preventable. Take control of your oral health with a healthy diet, daily personal oral hygiene and regular oral exams.
Dental Public Health Facts
Previous post: World Hepatitis Day — July 28, 2012