Mansoor A. Baloch, PhD
Mansoor Baloch Ph.D., LEED-AP is an ORISE fellow at the Environmental Health Services Branch (EHSB) in the National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH) at the CDC in U.S. Atlanta, Georgia. His prior research as a graduate student at Istanbul Technical University in Turkey and as a visiting researcher at Idaho State University, USA has been focused on watershed and water quality modeling and management, and the analysis of effects of land use and climate change on the hydrological regime and water quality in a watershed. He has also worked on research related to the application of GIS and Remote Sensing for water quality monitoring and assessments. His formal training is in Civil Engineering (BS) and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (Ph.D.). He is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED-AP) by U.S. green Building Council’s Green Building Institute demonstrating expertise in green and healthy built environment initiatives.
His interests and specialties in the area of public health include Waterborne/Water-related and Water-associated Disease Prevention Strategies, Analysis of the Effects of Global Climate Change on Public Health, Model Development and Application of Quantitative Models for Environmental Health Assessments, Effects of Built Environment on Human Health, Ecohealth and Development of Sanitation and Hygiene Improvement Strategies geared towards developing countries.
Dr. Baloch is a member of the Environmental Health Specialist Network (EHS-Net) working on the role of hydrology and hydrologic processes on waterborne disease outbreak prevention and investigation. More recently his research has focused on the role of watershed based systems approach as a strategy for waterborne, water-related and water-associated disease outbreak prevention and investigation.
His most recent publications are:
- Development of a model support system for watershed modeling: A case study from Turkey
- Application of Watershed Modeling System (WMS) for integrated management of a watershed in Turkey
- Development of an Integrated Watershed Management strategy for Resource Conservation in Balochistan Province of Pakistan
- Analysis and modelling of land-based nutrient pollution by watershed models coupled with GIS: a case study from Turkey
- Applicability of modelling tools in watershed management for controlling diffuse pollution
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org